Monday, September 03, 2007

You Can't Handle the Truth!

Hey Folks,

Hope this lovely Labor Day finds you enjoying time with your friends and family. I've reactivated one aspect of my online family. My dating profile at BlackPlanet.com

Since then, I've been joining groups and running up and down the forums spreading my opinions like petals strewn before the bride on her wedding day.

I've also been using the opportunity to work on my poetry... some of them are eigh... but I'm working on spontaneity.

Anyway, the following question was posed by one of the men so I decided to share it with you and my response. Please feel free to chip in with yours.


~~Can Women Handle the truth or do you think they want to be pacified?~~


Can I handle the truth or do I want to be pacified?

I can handle the truth... I prefer it ... 9/10* hands down. Will it hurt ... sometimes. Is your truth my truth? Not all the time... but still good to know.

However, I reserve the right to nullify your decision to tell me the truth if your delivery encompasses:

- absence of tact…
- the bluntness of a 2 x 4…
- a public venue
- playing to an audience

Is preceded by or ends in one of the following:

- I don't mean to hurt your feelings but...
- I thought you’d want to know…
- I’m not supposed to repeat this, but…
- I'm just keepin' it real...

If you’re someone who has:

- never had a conversation with me…
- never had something good to say to or about anyone…

If I have:

- broken up with you recently…
- beaten u out for the promotion…
- busted u stealing from the church offering…
- previously caught u in lies…

If compliance with the above falls under pacification in your book, then by all means “pacify” me.

Peace,
~D

** The other 1/10 you’re on your own! I might either be PMS-ing or my elevator might not be going all the way to the top floor that day or whatever... be that as it may... my response could take any form.

No comments: